Tuesday, July 2, 2013

This post seems like it's going to be a waste of your time but it turns out not to be. (spoiler)

Today was....You'll never guess...
(drum roll please.......)
MORE DRIVING!
How did you guess?
NO, it's really not that bad.  There's just not much to report when all we do is drive..so I'm sorry for the uneventfulness.
Let's see...what did happen today...
Oh!
We bought lemon drops!
Yep...that's pretty much it.
Well, we are in A-town-that-starts-with-an-S, Oklahoma, and at least they have a pool here.  As lovely as the Wagon Wheel Inn was, they didn't have a pool.
That's okay though,
I was too busy tending to other business to swim anyways.
The only actual problem on our drive so far is the fact that our lovely dog, Copper, has a bad front leg and has a really hard time getting in and out of the car and walking around. Like today, she got up, but then just sat right back down again when her back legs collapsed underneath her.  But she's getting better.
And so are we.
Cause we're in awesome-accent country now! Down here they say "ma'am" and "sweet pea" and everyone drives a pickup and the waitresses sound like this:
"If y'all need anythin' you just give me a holla, alright?"
I love it!
I think when I grow up I'm going to have to travel around the world so I can do everything, because I really want to do just that. Everything.
I was telling my mom this and she said that I would need money, and an immediate solution came to mind.
Why I would write books of course!
I would go to every place that I was setting my novel in, and then live there for as long as I'm writing it.
And while I write the book I'll also write stories for the local paper and be a waitress at whatever restaurant to make money.
I'll go to Georgia and write sticky, sweet, summer romances, Brazil, to write fast paced adventures set in the Amazon,
New York, where adolescents over come their troubles while growing up in the South Bronx,
Australia, where the young girl saves the animals by slashing the tires on the terrible machines.
I wish there was more time!
I don't know how I'm going to accomplish all of this, but I am most certainly going to try.





These are some various Route 66 signs that were in an art contest that we saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment