Thursday, July 11, 2013

An Underestimated Power

I'm sorry, but these past few days have not been the best.  I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed with all the boxes crowding our house, and today we really did nothing.  All three of us needed a break and we found it by disappearing into our various books and TV shows.
But as I was moping about today, thinking about how it seemed we had too much stuff,  I had a much needed epiphany.
I realized that I have so much to be grateful for.
I have a roof over my head every night.
I have three meals a day.
I have an awesome sister and parents who love me enough to send me to a Waldorf school and pay tuition in Southern California.
I realized that I cannot rightfully complain about having too much stuff, because so many other people have nothing.
I decided to make a list of the little things I am grateful for, to help remind me, and I hope you do too.


  • My dog
  • Summer Breezes
  • Long boarding
  • Getting hilarious e-mails from my best friend that cheer up my whole day
  • Realizing I am actually over someone
  • Being excited for the future
  • The ocean
  • Having a house
  • Internet access
  • My ukulele
  • La Maison
  • Viroqua
  • Costa Mesa
  • Good music
  • My Family
  • Ice cream
  • Laughing till I forget
  • California sunsets
  • avocados
  • Sunshine
  • Saltwater
  • food
  • My friends in Viroqua
  • My future friend in Costa Mesa
  • My two bestest friends
  • Showers
  • Hot water
  • electricity
  • woods
  • wildlife
  • lemonade
  • good books
  • passing a whole day doing nothing
  • passing a whole day being absolutely productive
  • seeing the number of views on my blog quickly rising
  • getting letters via snail mail
  • carpet
  • being ninja without even trying
  • grass
  • falling into bed 
  • bagels
  • being happy
  • inside jokes
I can't think of more right now, but this list is going to grow and grow, comment some things if you want!
And remember to be grateful everyday for being alive, because you never know when that might be taken away from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment