Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Length of a Day

Today was one of those days that when you look back on what happened, it seems impossible that it all could've happened in one day.  I look back and I think, that was today?
And yes, it was.
For the most part of the day we were unpacking boxes, and we finally found our kitchen stuff! We found our plates and the emerald green glasses with the little paintings on them, the pots and pans and the silverware.
It's so nice to find all our stuff, because when you're plopped down in a completely unfamiliar place, it's not so nice.  But then eventually memories and happy images begin to surround as your things do as well.  It's a very nice feeling.
I also got a super nice letter that may or may not have made me cry in an awkward sort of way, and then after reading the message inscribed in Morse code I went back to work, but with a bit of a smile on my face.
When my dad finally got home we went to the ocean, and every time I go to the ocean I become happy all over again.  Grace and I bounded into the waves and rode them on our boogie boards (I haven't went surfing yet, but I'm filling the gap with boogie boarding which is much easier but almost as fun)
After ditching our boards on the sand we grabbed our masks and snorkels and dove into the underwater world.
And guess what!?
I saw a stingray!!!!!
It was so cool and so exciting, and ironically enough just the other day one of my friends sent me a letter in the mail, and in this letter was a bucket list.  And on this bucket list, as number 6 or 7, was "Pet a Stingray."
But the stingray was so cool! It was just drifting along the bottom, and when it saw me it looked at me like, "Sup dude," and continued on it's way.  The edges of it were all ribbony as it pressed against the bottom and it's tail was waving back and forth. It's eyes just looked like holes in it's head from above, but they didn't miss anything.
I was so excited when I saw it that I forgot the bucket list entirely and bounded up the beach to my dad, bouncing along like an excited little puppy.
"I saw a stingray! I saw a stingray!"
When we left the beach I was starving, and when we got home dinner was ready, which is pretty much the best thing ever, to have a meal all ready for you when you get home.
After dinner I had a thoroughly amusing and long conversation on the phone, which brings us to now.  And this is beginning to sound boring now, so I leave you all with this:
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup."

No comments:

Post a Comment