Sunday, July 21, 2013

Awesome Opossum

Today me and my mom were peacefully making lunch, when Grace came in the backdoor.  She walked past us into the living room, took one look, turned back and came into the kitchen again.
"Mama, I don't want to scare you or anything," she said with no expression on her face, "But there's a baby opossum in our living room."
"What?? Where?? Go get your father!"
"Ok," she responded cheerfully.
So my dad came in and we made a blockade and propped the door open so that the only way it could go was out the door.  (Apparently the opossum was under our chair)
We put pictures and boxes against the chair and then my dad pushed all over underneath the chair.  We waited in much suspense for a little baby opossum to come scurrying out, and finally it ran out and out the door.  Grace and I chased it around the house and into the garden where it ran under a log.  I didn't see very much of it, but I saw enough to see how very adorable it was!
Finally something exciting happened!

Who could be scared of these little guys??

No comments:

Post a Comment