Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Accepting the Adventure

Hi Everyone,
I'm sorry it's been a while.  
I have become increasingly busy as the summer goes on, unfortunately.  
Another golden nugget of wisdom:  Don't complain about a boring and uneventful life.  You will get exactly what you want and more.
Most of you probably already know what this dynamic change is, but I will share it now...
In eighteen days I am moving to California.
If you didn't know this I apologize for the shock.  So, Yes.  The summer has been full of sorting and throwing things out and sorting some more and throwing out more things.  
For the most part I am incredibly excited to be leaving, going on an incredible adventure, going where it's warm.  
But then I find myself thinking about it too much, about how I won't see my favorite people every day, how I won't know all the little secrets about our little town, how I won't get to hear the babbling of our stream outside my window.  I find myself crying about it, again, and yelling at myself for being so weak.  
I was talking to one of my friends outside of the school the other day and he was saying how he was impressed with my ability to just leave like this.  He's going to Germany for a year, and he's having a hard time with it.  He said he wished it was that easy for him.  I told him that it's not that easy.  That I try to be strong in front of people and at school but then I just go home and cry quietly to myself up in a tree somewhere.(sound familiar?) 
I do this because I hate making people sad.  My best friend is having a really hard time with my leaving and every time the topic comes up he gets really quiet and sad-seeming.
But once all of this passes, I start to feel excited again.  
I'm going to CALIFORNIA for goodness sake.  I'll make more friends, I'll discover the secrets of Costa Mesa, I'll hear the ocean  
It's going to be a wonderful adventure, A much needed change I have been starving for.  And who knows? I can always come back.  We're not selling our house, just renting it out to a wonderful woman with a golden aura and three kids, two girls and a boy.  And they are going to take care of our cats!
I should be embracing this, accepting it, bounding forward into it.  Because honestly, there is nothing I can do about it.
It's going to come whether I want it to or not.


3 comments:

  1. ...please always remember that tears do not make you weak...you are a young woman with deep emotions and sensitivities...FEEL your life! I pray for Peace for you.

    ReplyDelete