Sunday, June 30, 2013

Dog Breath

Today I found out just how much bad breath one is willing to deal with when it comes to a beloved pet.
A lot.
In my case, anyways.
My dog, Copper, who is the dog in that photo post, is riding in the car with us all the way out to California.
I love my dog, don't get me wrong, I really really do. But, would you like a breath mint, dearest, darlingest dog?
I mean, on a normal daily basis it's not so bad. But riding in a car for four or five hours can get a little, well, egregious.
But right now I'm sitting in a generic hotel room and on the table is a stack of take out containers from Red Robin.
The air conditioner next to me is humming and our stuff is already spread out across the room. 
Tomorrow we will get up, pack up, maybe eat a waffle courtesy of the free breakfast, and drive on to the next classic hotel room.   And even though I don't love her breath, having Copper along, and seeing her stretched out on the hotel carpet sound asleep, makes everything a bit more homey.

No comments:

Post a Comment