Wednesday, January 8, 2014

This is an Imagery Poem describing something--Try and guess what it is.

Stand tall, stand strong, what other choice do I have?
I have no will, no ability to move.
And trust me, if I could I would.
I would run and yell and whoop and holler, but for me that is impossible.
I will never be heard, I will never be valued in the way you are.
Me and my kind will always be taken for granted.
Our time has come and pass.
They give me no choice as they bring the blade to my feet; they give me no option,
No second chance. No redo for my mistakes.
Was it me?
Did I cause this? Did I do something wrong?
I was doing my best you know.
I am your very intake of breath, and without me you would be nothing.
And this is how you repay me?
No last smile, no last wave?
With barely recognition you march toward me like a reaper to the grave.
I gave you shelter, freedom, air and life,
And all you bring for me is this, this glistening blade and leaden dread,
And with one, two, three swings of your arm it is all brought to and end.

No comments:

Post a Comment