Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Poem in Anapest Trimeter

Anapest Trimeter is the rhythm that this poem is measured in.  The rhythm goes...
short short long, short short long...and so on.  It is written like this:  . . -  . . -  . . -
which looks suspiciously like Morse code to me...
Anywayzzzz....

A Poem in Anapest Trimeter
Wishful thinking is what got us here.
Now all that we're left with is fear.
Help me dear, please save me, I'm so close
To the ends of the earth I would fly
But my wings are all broken and red.
Catch my fall, weave the net, use my mind
Save not one little thread, use them all,
They are hidden in my smallest drawer.
Heart Shaking, earth quaking,I tried, really I did.
But it is just too much to carry
Even my shadow is heavy please
Don't let me break, no not, not like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment