Friday, April 1, 2016

Like golden leaves we let ourselves dissolve
we are so much bigger than this place.
We are as big as we want to be, we are as golden as the late evening light.

What is the best way to feel this?
What are the best letters to string into words to string into lines to string into rhymes to describe this?

How can I impart to you the way those eyes look when they glance in my direction?
How can I color your mind the way I am feeling, the dusty lavender that comes with a summer day well spent?
Soft green grass and sweet cool water, hills and melody wrap into a song that we sing all month long.  
There is a cavity just below my ribcage that I have come to know,
I call it the sandstone cave.
It is there where my deepest things hide,
It is there where I feel the strongest.  I feel it, full, on dark lonely nights, full of words I barely utter to the world.  
But I feel it more,
I feel it stronger,
On the full golden nights and the green sparkling days.  I feel it, empty and waiting, when the windows of my little sage colored car are rolled down and the breeze is fresh and I am smiling.
I feel it when something is even better than I expected, when my expectations are not met but are exceeded.
I feel it when all circumstances have aligned and I have ended up exactly where I want to be with exactly who I want to be.
I feel it when all the tabs on my little wave covered laptop are open to new places and new things.  Italy maps, workaway.info...There is so much out there to see.
I feel it when it is 1 am and everything is funny, laughing until I can barely breathe and I’m on top of the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment