Sunday, May 26, 2013

Blending Colors

Painting is a wonderful escape.
The simple motion of back and forth, back and forth helps to clear the mind.
That's all I have been doing for the past two days. 
Painting.  Mixing colors. Cleaning off the palette, getting new water, grabbing a new canvas and starting again.  
Music going the whole time and my mom repeatedly asking me to keep my door open.
For two days I have felt guilty about my lack of productivity.  Is it a bad thing that when I sit down and do art for two days I feel guilty?
Should I not be entitled to this wonderful artistic escape? 
So I repeatedly ask my mom what I should be doing and she repeatedly tells me to go back to my painting, go back to my painting.
Acrylic, watercolor, oil and ink.  Glitter and thoughts and songs.  Where is this creativity coming from? Why did I not find this before?  
The sweet relief of art leaves me feeling like I just came out of therapy, ready to face the last week of school with gusto.
Bring it on!

2 comments: