Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Glistening Eyes

I wish I could be one of your tears, he said.
But then you would only be here when I'm sad, she said.
And when you're very happy, he said.
But mostly sad, she said.  I want you to see the happiness of me too, she said.  You're incredibly sweet to always be here for me when I'm sad, but I need someone to laugh with also.  And you must get sick of hearing my sadness, she said.
Oh never, he said.  I want to be the one always here for you.  I want to feel your sadness with you and be there for you when you cry.  If I am here for your sadness it would make me happy.  And best of all, if I am one of your tears, I would be born in your eyes, run down your cheeks, and die on your lips.
Her eyes glistened then, out of complete happiness they sparkled, and he was there for every second of her joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment