Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Sickening Cliches

I hate how, no matter how hard I try, everything I do has already been done by someone else.  Everything I feel has already been felt and everything I say has probably already been said.  I feel like such a repeat of everything before me.  What can I do that is truly unique?  What can I do that I'm the first person to do?  Is there anything left in the whole entire world that hasn't been done, made, or discovered?
        How can I truly be my own person?  Is there anything? Anything at all? 
        Lets make an example.
        Feelings.
        Whenever I tell someone I'm having a bad day they either say:
1)  "Teen angst, bro, it sucks."
2) "That time of month huh?"
3) "You want to talk about it?"
4) They say nothing, and only look at me like I need to get it together.
I just need someone who says,
"I feel you.  Here, beat me up if you need to."
That would honestly be amazing.
Cause if someone tells me I can beat them up, it's like they're giving me permission to do something, which I hate even more, so I'll beat them up even harder.
And then, I realize, after they are good and bruised, that my anger was a combination of all four of the above things and I am, in fact, just another angst-y teenager that wants to just talk about it and eat chocolate and watch chick flicks.
That fact makes me question my feelings.  Are they legit? Am I actually upset for any good reason? (Is there such a thing?)
Or are my feelings just the usual symptoms prescribed with each dosage of life?
I wish I had been warned of these annoying symptoms when I signed up for this whole deal.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment