Sunday, November 24, 2013

Lazy Dayz

It's kind of ridiculous how much of my happiness is based on school.  The best days are the ones I have no homework.  I count down the days until breaks and weekends and drag myself out of bed on Mondays.  But this week, for Thanksgiving, I have the whole week off!!!
I keep remembering this at random parts of my day and I get happy all over again. 
And because of this whole open week ahead of me, today, instead of doing my homework and stressing about tomorrow, I got to sleep in and go surfing.
And so, at 2:30 in the afternoon on Novemeber 24, I was floating on my surfboard in the Pacific Ocean and appreciating just how good I have it.
I may not have the new iPhone or a laptop or the newest clothes, but everything I have is of extreme value to me, and the less I have the more I love those things.
Moving to Cali has taught me to take less value in material things and more value in memories and relationships. 
I know that when I grow up I want to be very mobile and able to leave at any second.  i want to be able to travel around without toting around a bunch of empty reminders of memories gone by.  I would love to just have a box of pictures i could take out and look at instead of having physical souveniers.     
But the problem with that is I'm not a big fan of taking pictures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment