Thursday, April 30, 2015

Penultimate

April 30th. The day before May Day.  The penultimate day of English Class.
A day of spring.  A day of laughs.  A day of spreading smiles.
I ate lasagna for breakfast, and now I'm here.  Maybe it was the lasagna that changed me.
Maybe it was laced.
Laced with a pure idea of what should be and a motivation to accomplish that.
If I could talk to flowers I would tell them, I feel it too.

I feel the sun stretching itself back into shape after a long winters nap.

I feel the winds changing,
I feel my smile spreading across my face every time I step outside into the beautiful world.
I feel my heart growing back into its idea of what is right,
I feel my mind expanding, breathing in the fresh air.
I feel something,
Something good.
Something I'm going to have to call hope.
Something new, something old, something nearly forgotten.
Spring.
Thank you for coming back.
I missed you terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment