Monday, July 7, 2014

Half Baked

Take that money, watch it burn,
Sink in the river the lessons I've learned,

It's a new art form showing people how little we care (yeah)

A stranger can sum up our feelings three minutes easier than we can in hours, maybe years.
The magic of song lyrics is kind of unbelievable, actually.

I'm sorry. That's not what I came here to say.

The fireworks sound like bombs and somehow remind me of a war I was not part of.  The sadness never seems to fade though, over millenniums the feelings live on, gouged deep in the earth and threatening to burn holes.
Like the scars they try so hard to hide they peek through, showing an inner turmoil and confusion.
I wasn't there, I didn't feel the losses, but somehow I've managed to imagine based on a cookie dough mix of my own.
It came in a box labeled "life", nothing more, and I foolishly added my own dreams.  I stirred twice left three times right and ended up with this..
Something half-baked
Something with no substance or hope for the future.

But I popped it in the oven anyway, hoping for something I could survive off of.
And what emerges is this:
A dream, some friends, and hope for the future full of resounding joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment